Friday, November 23, 2012

Merry Christmas!

So I know that Thanksgiving is over now but it's still the month of November, so I've still got a few more days of being thankful. Now that it's the Christmas season though I can finally say Merry Christmas! And so Christmas of course is what I'm choosing for today. Hmm, what to even say about Christmas? I love the atmosphere of Christmas, I love looking for presents to buy for people, I love the food and smells and sights associated with Christmas, everything about it is just fantastic. You hear a lot about people bewailing the commercialization of Christmas but I really don't think that it's as bad as a lot of people say. All of the symbols of Christmas, at least all of the ones that I can think of point to Christ. When the symbols no longer point towards and are designed to remind us of Christ than I'll start by bemoaning. By the way, have you noticed that a lot of our "Christmas" songs are really just winter songs? Like winter wonderland of Frosty the Snowman? It's kind of funny then that we only sing them around the Christmas season, especially since technically most of the season isn't even in winter. Anyway, I'm done being annoying about the seasons. I hope you all have a magnificent Christmas season. I'm excited for the season and I certainly intend to, and don't forget to remember the symbolism and think of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment