Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Company

The topic for today is good company. By company I mean the company of others, rather than you have company over. I've just been thinking about and been thankful for how having good people makes situations so much better. As I'm sure you all know I've been pretty whiny about my Japanese class this semester, and while I'm still tired of learning the language, I really enjoy the kids in my class and my TA's and so I have fun.
On the other hand, I don't really like my dance teacher's style of teaching. It confuses me. So even though I like dancing, I don't like the class.

 It's not that you can't have a good time alone, but good company always seems to make a situation better. I went to a dance lab tonight where I really wasn't expecting to have much fun. My frustration with my class has kind of cause me to resent dancing. I don't mean to sound angsty or dramatic or anything, just that my feelings of annoying were being projected onto dance itself an my attitude towards it had started to become a little less than positive  At the lab though I ended up having a pretty good time. I knew a lot more people there than I thought I would (apparently a lot of my associates are in to dance) and we were able to talk and dance and just have fun. I even got a chance to talk to my old teacher. Sure I messed up some (ok a good amount) and we crashed into people and people crashed into us and feet were stepped on and what not, but I was with good company, so I didn't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment