Thursday, October 11, 2012

Broken House

Did you guys know that dishwasher soap can expire? Well... apparently it can, and we've been using it. I guess what happens is that over time it thickens and so instead of dissolving it ends up just clogging the flow of the water. Eventually, so much of the water gets blocked that when you run the dishwasher it "runs dry", kind of like when you don't have any oil in your car. After a little while the dishwasher motor just dies and if you're unlucky, starts a fire. Well, thankfully ours didn't catch on fire, but it did die, so we're getting our dishwasher replaced. We've also had our belt break on our vacuum, our light shatter, our sink clog ridiculously and some occasionally finicky internet service. Thankfully, we've been able to have most of these things fixed or at least had plans for them to be. I guess that's all just part of the adventure of living in an apartment right? Especially a college one. At least I have a landlord though who can fix or tell us how to fix stuff. I don't know what I'm going to do when I have my own house and stuff breaks. Maybe I'll just take a crash course in "how to fix stuff" or just make a lot of friends with a lot of different trades. Until then though, I guess I'll just keep washing my dishes by hand.   

No comments:

Post a Comment