Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Year In the Life


For a project that I'm working on, (yes another one, that's what happens when you're in school) I've been reflecting back on what I've done so far this year and I was a little surprised by everything. Here's what I  came up with in no particular order. 

In the year 2012 so far I have : 

Given up movies for a few months for Lent 
Won the "Avenger Award"
Eaten my last meal at the Cannon Center
Finished my first year at BYU 
Moved out of Wyview 
Finished Lost 
Made the Dean's List for Winter Semester 
Gotten my first real job
Moved into North Woods 
Started my second year at BYU  
Developed and lost a "stalker"
Improved my Japanese and dance technique 
Gone to my first meeting at the Conference Center in Salt Lake 
Gotten one year older and wiser
Rode in a hot air balloon for the first time 
Dyed my hair for the first time
Been accepted into the BYU Ad program 
Hiked the Y twice 
Received my first letter from a foreign country and started writing to friends currently living out of the country 
Received a half tuition scholarship
Discovered my blood type
Created an advertising portfolio
Worked more extensivly with the missionaries
Competed in dance sport
Set foot in the BYU gym and is working on making going a habit 
Taken day trips to Jetty Island, Birch Bay, and Bellingham
Registered and prepared to vote for the first time
Learned to crochets stuffed animals (well, learning)
Became CPR/First Aid certified
Spoke at seminary graduation
Read a good number of books 

And it's only the middle of October, there's still a few more months left in the year. Looking at this list makes me feel like I've accomplished stuff this year. Maybe not as much, or more particularly, the exact things that I wanted to, but I did do and accomplish things, and that's what matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment