Saturday, October 13, 2012

And the verdict is.....

I'm assuming that all of you have seen the old Willy Wonka movie, the old one that was like 20 times better than the new one. Well, do you all remember the scene where Charlie and Grandpa Joe are sitting at night on the bed and Grandpa Joe pulls out a candy bar that he bought with money he saved up? Do you remember the first time that you saw the movie and you thought to yourself? "Wait, this part wasn't in the book, is this how Charlie gets the ticket? Because I would be ok with that I guess, but I genuinely don't know if that's going to happen here or not!" Or at least, that's what you thought if you were like me. Well, that was me earlier this afternoon. I got an e-mail that simply said "A decision has been made on all communication emphasis. Please come to BRM 360 to receive your letter."

As I walked to the Brimhall all I could think about was that scene from Willy Wonka and how I had no idea what was going to happen. I mean, in the movie Charlie doesn't get a golden ticket in that scene (although obviously it comes later, ) and as soon as the Comms secretary handed me an envelop with my name on it, it was just like Grandpa Joe pulling the candy bar out from under his pillow.

Well, I don't know why I'm bothering to keep you all in suspense since if you read this you probably already know the out come. If you don't for some reason, I'll tell you now that I got in! So, you're probably asking yourself, did I dance all the way back to my apartment like old Grandpa Joe when he and Charlie finally do get their golden ticket? Well, no. Because that probably would have been really embarrassing and also because I actually felt pretty sick with some weird upset stomach dealio going on but, if I lived in a musical and could just burst out in original song and dance without getting some serious psych evaluations than it probably would have happened. If it makes you feel any better, something along those lines was playing out in my mind.

So now that I'm in, what does that mean? Well, there are two different information meetings that I have to go to next week and after that I need to meet with a councilor to map out my plan from now to graduation. Once all of that is done, now that I know that I'm in, I'll need to make a real decision about whether or not I want to serve a mission. After all of that is done than... I guess I'll just have to do whatever comes next. It will be nice to have the rest of my school mapped out though. Soon I'll also be able to work, or at least volunteer in BYU's Ad lab, which will be great experience since they actually work with real clients.

So that's what's new with me. And now I really want to watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I think they have it at the library but for now, I'll just leave you all with this.


No comments:

Post a Comment