Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Now we're all back in school

Happy Wednesday! 

Hey, school starts today for normal people. How was that? Brandi, how was your first day of high school? I remember my first of high school pretty well. I got lost on my way to Japanese class. I actually got lost my second day here at BYU too. Although, in my defense, this place is much bigger and I'm really terrible with directions. That's one of the things that I've just come to accept, is that when I'm somewhere that I've never been before, chances are good that I'll get turned around at least once. It is kind of weird to think though that I used to not know my way around the high school and BYU, they're both so familiar to me now. Obviously, there are some building here that I don't know, but I haven't gotten hopelessly lost after the one day. 

 My Japanese class here reminds me a lot my class in high school. Its moving faster obviously, and we actually talk about what we're saying so I think that I'll end up learning more, but the style is very similar. It's kind of weird because since we're still learning stuff that I for the most part already know, whenever I go to class there is this strange sense of almost deja vu, especially when we do competitions. 

Since there wasn't any school on Monday it feels like the week is just starting but here it is already half way through. Tomorrow I'm going to Nacho Noche (I have no idea if I spelled that right), with some kids in my ward. We're going to eat nachos and watch Nacho Libre. Friday night I'm also going with some kids in my FHE group to a roof top concert. If you remember me talking to the Beattles cover one I went to last summer, it's the same type of thing. I don't remember who the band is this time though. Saturday afternoon there's another football game, and I'm sure I'll throw in some homework here or there for good measure. So, it's shaping up to be an interesting weekend.    

No comments:

Post a Comment