Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Long Weekend

Ugh, I forgot I needed to write an entry until now, and now is 11:30 at night, so this might not be too long.

The biggest thing that happened this week was that I started work. 20 hours so far, which means I've already made almost $200, (I love that minimum wage here is so high) but that isn't accounting for everything that gets taken out. Who knows how much for taxes, 10% for tithing, 5% for my savings account and 5% to pay of my student loans, but hey, it's better than nothing right? Work is alright so far. I touch lethargic at times, but nothing to complain about. I did get the makings of a pretty wicked farmer's burn/tan, oh and yesterday some kid did throw up in the pool.

I worked Thursday-Saturday and the rest of the week was pretty relaxed again. On Monday I watched Speed Racer with Grant. That movie is so great! Watching Lost has been making me want to watch it since the actor who plays Jack also plays Racer X. While the whole movie is fantastic my favorite part is Racer X's "you do it because you're driven" speech.

I feel like every time I go to the temple crazy shenanigans ensue. At least the last two times. This Tuesday was one of those times. I went to the church for the missionary meeting unaware that it had been canceled. When I got there though I did find a group of 15 or so people from my ward standing around. I asked them what they were up to and they said "We're going to the temple, want to come?". Well what was I going to say? No? So I jumped into one of the cars, we stopped by my house so I could grab my stuff, and we were off. We didn't get home until around 10:00 but I'm glad I got the chance to go. I remember one of the guys I was able to do work for was named Thomas Thompson. I wonder why you would give someone a name like that.
 
Wednesday we had a crazy rainstorm here. It was some of the hardest downpour I've seen in a long time and it lasted all day. It reminded me of in the summer, we had one crazy rainstorm like it in Provo. As I was walking to campus, it started raining a little. I passed a guy I knew going the other direction who kindly offered me his umbrella, but I turned him down since the rain wasn't too bad. So it figures that right after that it started pouring buckets. Honestly, I felt like someone was standing above me with an endless number of buckets of water and was just pouring them on me. Not only was I soaked, but all of the books in my backpack were too. We had a storm like that Wednesday. Although, it did make for a pretty awesome sunset/ rainbow view on the way home from institute that evening.

Friday Grant had some of his friend over to watch all of the the Back to the Future movies since one of them hadn't seen them. I thought it was the greatest thing since at the end of my Sophomore year, I had a friend who hadn't seen any of the Back to the Future movies so a few friends and I watched all of them back to back to back. So Grant doing in at the end of his Sophomore year was like a Back to the Future repeat of the past, in the future! Or something like that.

Well, I guess that's about it. I hope everyone's had a grand Memorial Day weekend thus far and you all have a wonderful Memorial Day. Until next week, stay 5x5!

No comments:

Post a Comment