Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day Five

Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory.

Wow, coming up with one specific favorite memory? I don't know if that is even possible. Looking back on my memories, I have a lot that I have really enjoyed and a lot that I would call my favorites. One experience that I especially enjoyed though was my sophomore year of high school, particularly the latter part of it.


Ok, prepare yourself. There is way more than one picture here but you're just going to have to deal with it. 



Sophomore year started the exoduses to the local park. If the weather was nice during school, we would agree to get together for awhile after school was over. Occasionally, on weekends, when it would get dark we would walk to a friend's house who lived near by and spend some time there. I remember one particular time when it was getting dark and we walked there singing show tunes the entire way. 

 The drama club, which I joined my sophomore year, took a trip to New York over spring break. Here are my friends Scott, Natalie, Hillary and I at Ellis Island.  


We always at lunch at the same table that year, right next to the "Pretzel Lady" as she was known to us. Sometimes when we were particularly bored, we would make up adventures from her past. While she was always cool, she got incredibly cooler when at the end of the year she signed our yearbooks "God Bless, Pretzel Lady"! She had been listening to us! Not only that, but she had embraced the the name of Pretzel Lady. To this day I have no idea what her real name is. I haven't seen her since the end of sophmore year and the pretzel shop closed down soon after that. I'll always remember how awesome she was though.


Mr. Wold, my sophomore Honors English teacher and one of my favorites. He always went along with whatever crazy shinanagins we came up with, including when we decided through a somewhat complex process that he was a wizard and that the people he ate lunch with were his associates who he governed over. This is him as a wizard. The only hyjinks of ours that he would not tolerate was our attempted interruption of his lunch with his associates. Looking back I can't say I blame him. We were probably kind of annoying and it was the only time he got to interact with people that were over the age of 18. Every once and a while we'll stop by and talk to him and as long as it isn't during his associate meetings he's always glad to see us.     


Ms. Casky, the PACE teacher. Another person who we would always lovingly pester but unlike Mr. Wold, it was usually only during lunch. Ms. Caskey was great, but I'm not really sure how she ever really felt about us. We always loved to introduce her to new people and for a long time Scott and Hillary were trying to get her to bless their "marriage", which she never did. One of these attempts even involved Scott pretending to sneeze so that she would say "bless you". Unfortunately it never worked. She also had like 10 year old sugar cubes in her classroom that Natalie liked to eat, much to Ms. Caskey's dismay.  

This is at Oscar Night, the award ceremony for the high school drama club. Here I officially became a member of drama council and I don't know, I guess it just gets to represent the fun I had and all the awesome new people I met during the spring musical, "The Wedding Singer".  


Technically this occurred over the summer but it was right after my sophomore year. Actually, it was the 4th of July. Here I've just "married" my friend James and his bass Janet. I don't actually remember why we decided to marry them but we were joking about it and decided to make it happen. Have you realized yet that   this was a wacky year for me? 

Yeah, so, that was way more than one memory but like I said at the start of this post, you can't choose one memory out of your entire life and make it your favorite! At least I can't. So, here is a little taste of my sophomore year, one of my favorite years so far.   

No comments:

Post a Comment