Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Merry Christmas!

Hey friends! Merry Christmas! Holy cow can you believe that Christmas is this week? That is crazy!! Also, sorry but I forgot my old planner at home so I'm just going to have to go off of memory oh what we've been up to. Mostly it has been adjusting to being in a trio! So far, so good. We even have like 6 inches between all of our beds so you know, what more do you need? Really though it's not bad at all and now when Sister Dummar is talking in her sleep I can just tell her to be quiet from my bed instead of having to get up. Ha ha, don't tell her I said that though =D

One thing that made this week exciting was that we had to take our car into the shop again. That's the third time since I've been here in Hondo Pass that we've had to take it in. When we got to the dealership people were like "Oh hey! Welcome back! Good to see you!" And stuff so... probably not the best place to be well known. Oh, that just reminded me of the best commercial ever for some electric car, I think a Prius but sadly I can't show it to you right now. Someone remind me in 5 months. Poor Sister Bishop though, we were like "welcome to the mission! ready to walk everywhere all day?" Thankfully we got it back the next day though and everything has been good since. 

Last Saturday we had a really cool experience. So we are allowed to do two hours of family history a week and on Saturday when we decided to go the family history library was closed so we went to the regular one. While we were there we saw a man who works in the computer lab and I had the random thought "maybe we're here to talk to him", but I didn't think much more about it and started to log on. About 2 minutes after being there the man came up to us and asked if we were from the LDS church. Well, it turns out that he used to be a member but after breaking an engagement with a girl who was a member (who introduced him to the church) left the church and became atheist. He talked to him about it of course and he said that he was pretty happy how he was, but it feels like it made a difference. Hopefully it will help him some way.

This week we had a lesson with our new investigator Claudy who said something really cool. We were talking about how God loves us and wants to bless us and he asked if we believed in tithing. We said yes of course and he talked about how he has heard lots of stories about how tithing blesses people and told us a story about one of his acquaintances who was trying to out give God. He said that the more he tried the more frustrated he became because for everything he did for God, he got back way more. Things that he couldn't even explain were happening. Oh course you have to do it for the right reasons, but I like the idea of trying to out give God. I mean, it's impossible, the scriptures even talk about that, but I think it would help if we did it with the right mindset to help us to be humble. You know like "Because I Have Been Given Much I Too Must Give." It reminds me as well of this cool Mormon message I saw the other day. 


Anyway, I hope that you all have an amazing Christmas! It really is the best time to be a missionary and the best time if we let it to renew ourselves and help ourselves feel the love and light of God. I think there's a reason we celebrate it at the end of the year (besides of course moving it for pagan traditions and blah blah) because it flows so naturally into the new year and wanting to start again. Talk to you soon!  

Love, 


April    

No comments:

Post a Comment