Tuesday, October 6, 2015

oh! I turned 22 this week too! That was fun =)

 Well friends, I'm afraid that due to I don't even know what, I don't seem to have a lot of time left to write today. So sorry if this is a bit brief. The best thing for sure that happened this week is that Molly got a baptism date!! Assuming all goes well, she should be baptized on the 24th! So that was awesome. Other than that, most of our week has been spent in odds and ends to get the new transfer off to a good start and getting things settled from our move. There has been a lot of debate recently about if we are or are not in fact receiving a washer and dryer. Currently we are not and all of my dreams have been crushed but who knows, that might change.
 Other than that this week was transfers and I got a new companion. Her name is Sister Orseth and she is from Paulsbo, Washington. Which is apparently west of Seattle, so who knew that? This is the first time that I've had a companion who has been from the same place as me, so that's kind of cool.
 Conference was this week as well of course! We were able to watch some of it with some of our investigators so that was great. It's interesting to see how many of the apostles have either passed away recently or are just not doing well. I almost feel like Heavenly Father is gearing up a new group of people for something big to go down. Who knows though... If any of the apostles though start planning a trip to Jerusalem in the near future though, it might be time to start freaking out =D
 My favorite talk from Conference was the one by Elder Lawrence about the Holy Ghost and how it will speak to us. I loved how the answers that people received from the Holy Ghost were so personal and so specific. It was more than just "keep the commandments" it was what you needed to do and what would help. I just love how individually we are each known and how much Heavenly Father wants to help us and will help us in detail if we just ask. I've been thinking a bit about agency recently and how it really does play a role in everything! That's the reason why we have to pray for things. Of course Heavenly Father already knows what we want and what we need, but he respects us and our agency enough that he won't give us things that we don't ask for. It's always about us, and what will help us grow and become more independent. I think the ultimate goal of God is not only for them to of course return to live with him, but also for them to become self sufficient in every way. Spiritually, mentally, physically, whatever it is. We have learned and asked and exercised enough that we can rely on ourselves. Not of course that we can do things now without God, that's crazy and prideful suggest, and part of being self sufficient I think is knowing when you need to ask for help and when you're in over your head (because even though you're technically not doing it by yourself, you're getting what you need to done, if that makes sense) but we can eventually become like our Father, perfect and perfectly able to act and do on our own. Hopefully that doesn't sound like we don't need God, but you get what I mean.
 Anyway, that's all I've got! See you next week!
Love,
April

P.S. oh! I turned 22 this week too! That was fun =)

No comments:

Post a Comment