Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Walking Around

I'm thankful for walking today. And yes, I do realize the irony of this considering the fact that I just got out of a 4 hour car ride. When I first moved to Provo the apartment where I lived was a little over a mile away from campus and I didn't have a car. I was worried that I was going to be miserable having to walk 2 miles every days just to get to school and back, let alone anywhere else that I wanted to go that day, but that really didn't happen. While it's true that the time that it took could be frustrating, especially when I was in a hurry, the walking itself never bothered me. When I was just walking around without any kind of deadline it was great and a lot of my favorite times were spent walking to somewhere or just around. For some reason when you walk to the movies or some place it seems like your really doing two activities. The walking and the whatever else you were going to do.

Actually, I just remembered that occasionally I did have heavy stuff to carry, like when I had my suitcase or a backpack full of groceries, but that doesn't happen all that often and hey, that just gives me more opportunity to be thankful for help right?

So long story short it turns out that I'm one of those weird people who likes to walk. Not just long walks on the beach but just regular walks. Actually, walks on the beach are great and all that but I think that I'd prefer if it's just strictly walking to be somewhere else. Most of the beaches that I've been to are windy and cold, and while they're awesome they hurt your ears after a while. But walking is great, I like it. Not running though, running is terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment