Monday, October 1, 2012

Sunday Dinner

So today I  was pretty lame and didn't do much. The most exciting thing I did would probably be playing kickball at FHE. It was fun, I haven't played kickball since I think middle school. I kind of want to play softball now though, I'd probably be pretty bad at it now since I haven't played it in so long, but it sounds fun! I even have my mitt with me,  but not a bat or people to play with. I'd consider joining the intramural team but I don't want to play the fees, and I don't remember when it is.

Yesterday was fun though. I went to church in what feels like the first time in forever. Last week was the temple dedication and the week before that was regional conference so I hadn't gone to regular church in two weeks. This weekend is general conference too so I'll be weird to not go again. I'm not sure if I'm actually doing this or not, but I think it might be fun to go down to Salt Lake and see if I can't get in to the Saturday morning session. I don't know how much luck people have with that typically but it would be cool, and if I didn't get in I could always just watch a broadcast somewhere.

Anyway, as great as church was, that is not what was fun. My cousin's grandma was in town and so we all had a family dinner of sorts. There was my cousin Trent and his wife Nadia, his two sisters who are my two other cousins Chrysta and Angela, their grandma Despain, and their brother, my cousin J.J.'s wife's brother Brayden also known as my cousin in law's brother. So everyone was related to someone in the room some how. It was really fun to hang out though. We had hawiian haystacks, and talked for a while and I got to know Brayden since we hadn't met before.

So yeah, that was fun, and I'm hoping to do something fun this weekend, be it going to Salt Lake or whatnot.  Hope you all have an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment