Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Karaoke

Tonight I ended up going to Karaoke at a local pizza place here. It was actually a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. Not that I didn't think that it would be fun, but I wasn't super enthusiastic at first about singing to a crowd of strangers, especially considering my mediocre singing skills and the fact that we weren't at a bar and so no one would be too drunk to tell how bad I was. I didn't actually end up doing a song, the list of people waiting was really long and we left before all the people in our group (Britini, Autumn, Amanda, Mike (but not the same one who I went to the haunted house with), and three other people I hadn't met before) got a chance to sing. Since it wasn't a bar there were a good number of high school students there who for a little while tried to turn it into a grind fest, but it was also a Tuesday night and so they left after around 10:30.

My roommates Kelli and Stacey have been super interested in singing karaoke and have been talking about going somewhere but they're both cooler than me (aka older than 21 and able to go to a bar where there are drunk people to boost your confidence) and I probably wouldn't be able to go with them, so I'm glad a got this chance to go. I don't know if I'll end up going again any time but if I do and actually do end up singing I'll be sure to let you all know, there were probably be pictures too.

Oh, I also got a job today working at the BYU bakery. It's really just a bottom of the totem pole custodial job for now, but I hope to work my way up in time. I told Kelli I'd do my best to be able to make her a professional cake for her birthday in February so I've go to be up to at least cake decorator by then!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Karaoke Recon. I just want to point out that there is no way I'm cooler than you (even if I do have two year on you). Also.. I'm super excited for your new BAKING skills.. February can't come soon enough! :)

    ReplyDelete