Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend

So, since it's Monday, I figured that I'd just let you all know about my weekend.

Friday, I went to class and then went home and slept for a while since I wasn't feeling very well. That evening   Kelli, Stacey, Kim, Julie, and I went with three guys from our ward, Ryan, Jason, and Clark, to the rooftop concert. There were some opening bands that I didn't really pay attention to, but the main band, which I think was called Fictionist, was pretty good. After the concert we went to Macey's where we picked up some of those dollar pizzas and then we went back to our apartment where we watched The Legacy. I had never seen that movie before, it was pretty good.

Saturday, I went to the football game. The game itself was good, but it was so hot outside. Chrysta and I spent the entire half time waiting in line at the drinking fountain. We won again also, just in case you weren't sure. I also practiced some dancing and spent a while resolving an issue in locating where my last paycheck had wound up. Thank you by the way to everyone who helped me out with that. I majority of the rest of the day was spent doing homework, or attempting to in some instances. That evening I also went with Autumn to the Divine Comedy try outs.

Sunday was a pretty relaxed day, nothing too exciting happened. I did however listen to a very good devotional by Elder Holland, which if you haven't listened to, you should consider. As typical of Elder Holland, so chastisement was dished out, but I always enjoy listening to him all the same. After his devotional I went to ward prayer, met some new people, and did some more homework. Nothing real exciting. Oh, one good thing that did happen though. I wasn't able to do some of my reading until late at night and I was really tired, but as I got online to check what my reading was, I saw that the class was canceled for the day. So that was nice. I also found out in church that Elder Oaks will be speaking at our Stake Conference next week and the week after that we have the opportunity to attend a broadcast of the dedication of the Brigham City Temple. I've never been to a temple dedication before and I'm pretty excited to "go" to this one. That is one thing that I really do enjoy about living in Utah. We get a lot of opportunities here to see, hear from, and go to church things that I've never been able to before. I know some people who live in Utah take that for granted, and I hope that I never do. It's one of my favorite things about being here. You know, after the learning and all of that good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment