Saturday, September 22, 2012

Surfing and Stuff

Last night we had a ward activity at the Provo Beach Resort. It was pretty crowded so I didn't get to do much, but I did go on a ropes course, which was something like 30 feet above the ground, that was pretty fun, and I attempted to do this indoor surfing thing. It might have been fun if I had been able to stay on the board. I lasted something like half a second. I realized that there is only so much you can do with simulated surfing, but real surfing is much better, and a lot different too. Besides, if you're lame like me and can's actually stand up on the surf board, you can still kneel or just ride the waves. I'd like to go surfing some time somewhere where you don't have to wear a wet suit (or be really cold because yes, I did go one time without one) since it would probably be easier to move around. And being in warm water would I'd imagine, be nice. Maybe if I ever make my way to California or Hawaii or something. 

I took my cha cha test yesterday. It went about as well as I was hoping. I got a lot of comments about style improvements and so I was a little worried that I would get a bad grade, but I was hoping for at least a B and I got an 88 so I'm happy with that. 

Tomorrow is the Brigham City temple dedication, I'm pretty excited for that and then in two weeks in General Conference. I think I might try to go down to Salt Lake again and stand in line for tickets. I was going to try that last year but it just didn't end up working out. So, we'll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment