Saturday, November 12, 2011

So.... an impromptu hiking of the Y to celebrate the magical 11:11 11/11/11 caused me to not get home last night until about 3:00 am (so I guess that would technically be this morning). That's the excuse that I'm using for not updating tomorrow, so I'll just do two today.

For 11/11 I think the choice of what to be grateful for is pretty obvious, I mean it was Veteran's Day after all. I truly am grateful for all of those who have served, are serving, and will serve our country. It takes a lot of courage that I know a lot of people don't possess to be able to sacrifice everything up to your own life in defense of your homeland and the people that live there. I'm grateful that I was privileged to be born and grow up in the land of the free and the home of the brave. A lot of people take the freedoms and rights that we have here for granted, and I know that I certainly have before but living here truly is a fantastic blessing and I try to be grateful for it everyday.

 For today I'm grateful for electricity. It's fantastic, it allows me to be productive and stay up until absurdly late/early hours do anything from using my laptop, watching a movie, using a microwave ,or anything else that is powered by electricity, or even just playing a game or reading in a well illumined room. It's fantastic, well done Thomas Edison, and everyone else behind the harnessing of electricity, you all officially rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment