Tuesday, September 1, 2015

This week was sooooo busy!

 Hopefully I can tell you all everything I want to.
Our car that has been broken since I got here (just the window) finally got fixed this week! Which took a little time.
Something that's been particularly busy this week is Sister McKendrick's broken shoulder. She messed it up in high school and then reinjured it this week. So we have been running around going to the doctor and talking to President and Sister Miller and trying to figure everything out. I even got to talk to her dad for a few minutes on the phone to get some medical information. So that was kind of cool, although strange for her I'm sure. So, what we finally found out is that starting next week she gets to do physical therapy three times a week for at least a month! Ha, that will be fun I'm sure.
This week we also went on exchanges with the Ysletta Hermana.I got to drive a Jeep (don't ask me why they have a Jeep, I have no idea) and smile at people and pretend that I knew what they were saying. Man I wish there was some easy way to learn Spanish. It was fun though, and I really liked doing language study. I wish that we had language study. I mean... I don't want to get switched to Spanish speaking, no Heavenly Father that is not what I'm saying! But language study was fun and it'll be cool to get to do it with the other Hermanas this transfer. Maybe going on all of these exchanges will help me to finally know at least what these people are saying! I can actually read pretty decently people just talk way too fast for me! We have probably 4 more this transfer so I guess we'll see. The Sister that I went on exchanges with Hermana Torres, and I actually came out together, so that was kind of cool to see her again too. 
This week we had two baptisms as well! Well, one convert and then the member who was getting rebaptized that I told you about last week. Felicity's baptism was great and she brought a lot of her family. We're also planning to start teaching her friend this week or next week too, so that is pretty exciting. President and Sister Miller also randomly showed up for the baptism and it was a little funny to see our poor Ward Mission Leader's reaction when we told him. Ha, he was a little nervous but it was great! The other baptism was fantastic as well, very small and quiet of course, but very good.
I can't remember if I told you all about the couple the pulled up to us in their truck and invited us over for dinner? Well, ha, if not, that happened and we went and had dinner with them on Thursday. Ha, there are so many things I do as a missionary that there's just no way I would as a regular person. It went great though! The husband is a less active member and is really interested in coming back. His wife grew up Catholic but as we were talking to her about The Book of Mormon she got really interested and they committed to reading it a little every night. Hopefully we'll see them again this week!
So, something that I have been thinking about this week is Psalms 24: 3-4, which says "Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord, or who shall stand in His holy place? He that hath clean hands and a pure heart, who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully." Most of the time when we talk about this scripture we are talking about the temple, God's holy place. In order to be worthy to go to the temple you have to have clean hands, or action, but also a pure heart. To do things for the right reasons. But this time I have been thinking about it in the terms of standing in place of. Who shall stand in His holy place? When you stand in place of something, you represent it. To stand in place of Him is to represent The Lord, or Christ. And as missionaries and even members of the Church, what is it that we say we do? We represent Him, we take His name upon us, and we receive His image in our continuance. And what do we have to do to do that? Have clean hands and a pure heart. There's a sweet quote that I'm about to butcher that says something along the lines of People should want to know Christ because you know Him, and they know you. When we talk His name upon us, we stand in His holy place. I guess in a way that it's really all the same, being a representative or being worthy to go to the temple, at least as far as qualifications. But thinking about it like that was a little different for me, and it made me think about how others see me and how I act around them I guess. Anyway, that's just something to mull over. Let me know what you think.
Well, I hope you all are doing well and that your week goes well!
Love,

April  

No comments:

Post a Comment