Saturday, November 17, 2012

Stuff To Do

Today I want to talk about how I'm grateful for the opportunities that I have to do things. Earlier tonight I was kind of frustrated because I felt like there wasn't anything to do that was in the general area or didn't cost an arm and a leg and I'll admit that I was somewhat vocal about my annoyance. Thinking about it though I realize that's totally silly. While I obviously can't always be entertained, I have countless opportunities all the time, especially here. Just earlier this week I had the chance to be part of a live studio audience. In a few weeks I'll get to work in Temple Square so the sister missionaries can attend the Christmas Devotional. And speaking of which, about a month ago I was able to attend General Relief Society Conference at the Conference Center. General Authorities and other cool people come talk to us all the time and I'm pretty sure I could go a month without buying groceries if I attended all of the activities and events on campus. I guess what I'm saying is that I need to stop being a bum and start being more grateful for all of the stuff to do and opportunities that there actually are here. So today that's what I'm thankful for and I'll keep working on being thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment