Wednesday, July 27, 2011


ughhhh, I have like no energy but if I don't write this now I probably never will.

Nothing of consequence really happened on Monday. Both of my midterms were this past week so I spent a lot of my time studying. That's pretty much how I spent my entire day.

Tuesday was about the same. Get up, go to class, study, go to class again, study some more, go to bed.

Wednesday at least had a little variety to it. While I still spent most of the day studying, that night Autumn, Hannah and I "heard the call of the ice cream" so we tried this place down where we live called Sub Zero. It's a little like Cold Stone, except that you pick a base and they blast it with nitrogen so it turns into ice cream right in front of you. I thought it was pretty cool. I finally finished studying for my first midterm that night too so I watched the first half of Mulan with Aaron.

Thursday I took my first midterm for Humanities, which went pretty well. After I got home though I had to turn down an invitation to go to the movies in order to study for my second midterm.  I spent most of the rest of my day studying for that but I also had an intense Laundry adventure with Autumn where we decided that we were going to start a hippie band. I play the guitar, Hannah is the lead singer, Autumn plays the tambourine, Seth plays the base, James is the interpretive dancer, Brian plays the drums, and Aaron plays the sitar. After we decided who was doing what, I drew an amazing stick figure picture of what I assumed it would look like. Around 12:00 I started to feel really sick, which was a bummer considering I still had studying to do but fortunately Aaron was just getting back from the movies and I was able to pawn him into giving me some of his orange juice while Autumn and I informed him of his future occupation as a sitar player in our band, which is called by the way "$5 richer".    

So, with all of my studying I sort of had a boring week but I think my weekend made up for it. Friday
Autumn left absurdly early in the morning on her way to spend the long weekend in Colorado with her family. When I got up I headed over to the testing center to take me World Civ. final and after a bit of confusion I finally found it. Three hours later, I went home. I got my hair cut, it's about three or four inches shorter and layered now so it's pretty short and I finally went to the store after having to go for like a week and a half. That evening I watched the Mormon version of Pride and Prejudice with Seth, Hannah, and Aaron. After we watched the movie, Seth stole Hannah's phone and so she and I battled Seth and Aaron to get it back for like an hour. Once that was finally settled we played twister for a little while before deciding to get slurpees.On our way to 7-11 though we passed a Wendy's and decided that we would rather have frostiest but the lobby place was closed. We tried to walk through the drive-thru but they wouldn't let us, so we left. When we got to 7-11 their Slurpee machine was broken so we had to leave there too. We tried to decide where to go from  there since most places were probably closed. We then walked home and stopped on the way at Denny's to get some ice cream. It was about 2:00 am by the time we left. Seth and Hannah went home but Aaron decided that I needed to watch Lost. I watched an episode and a half but then my laptop died so we went home. When I got home though I couldn't sleep so I stayed up for about another hour or some and finally fell asleep around 6:00.  

Saturday I didn't do a whole lot. I was considering going to the nickelcade but didn't end up going. Later in the afternoon a group was going to the dollar theater to watch Thor. When we got there though, the closest show had already started and it was in 3D so it was $4. Aaron and I decided not to go and to instead we bought tickets for X-men first class for later that night since he hadn't seen it. Then we went back to 7-11 so he could drop a movie off at the red box there. The Slurpee machine was apparently fixed now too so we finally got slurpees. We watched Seth play Fable for a while and then the three of us went to X-men. On our way there we ran into the group coming back from Thor. When we got there though, it was sold out so Seth ended up going home. After X-men, we were both crazy hungry but it was just after midnight so we didn't want to buy anything since it was technically Sunday and we didn't have any more money with us anyway, so we ended up eating various fruit and cheese and peanut butter by Mimi and Roger.

Sunday was pretty normal too. I went to church, cleaned up some, went to a building meeting, went back to church, and bummed around at home. Around 11:15 at night though Aaron told me that they were making cookies so I should come over. Seth, Aaron, Hope, James and I made cookies, and finished right before midnight. 

Monday is where I had a really interesting day. It was the celebration of Pioneer day so there wasn't any school. I started off my Monday morning outside Aaron, James, and Seth's apartment with the three of them and Hope eating the cookies we had just made. Around 1:00 Brian showed up and decided that we should ring in Pioneer Day with some fireworks. We went to an abandoned parking lot and Seth and I watched James, Aaron, Brian, and Hope have a roman candle fight and we all lit off some firecrackers. We found out that the firecrackers were waterproof and so we decided to throw them into water. It was really cool looking. They didn't really make any noise but they would make a poofing sound, sometimes there would be splashes of water, and there would be a flash of light. After a while Seth left and we ran out of lighter fluid.

I don't remember who it was, I think either James or Brian, decided that it would be a good idea to then, at 2:00 in the morning, drive to Wyoming to get more fireworks and for some crazy reason the rest of us decided it was also a good idea. So James, Brian, Aaron, Hope and I all piled into Brian's car and headed off for Wyoming. It's actually not that far away and we got to the "Welcome to Wyoming" sign at about 3:30. We took a few pictures in front of the sign and then headed on our way. We got to the firework place at about 4:00 but it turns out it wasn't open at 4:00 in the morning. I'm not exactly sure why we though it would be. Since it was closed we went to a truck stop where we tried to decide what to do next. We stayed there for about an hour while we tried to decided if we wanted to eat breakfast at Salt Lake or Park City. We ended up deciding on Salt Lake and headed out. As we were leaving though Hope, Brian, and James decided that they wanted to go fishing.

On our way to Salt Lake we stopped at a river and the three of them went fishing while Aaron and I twiddled our thumbs and watched videos on Youtube. We looked up one time from a video we were watching to see a creepy looking man just staring at the three of them in the water. We had no idea who he was and he sure looked freaky. It turns out that he was a fisherman who had gotten up painfully early to go fishing. As we left, the creepy guy went out on his boat to fish I guess. We left the lake around 5:30. We got into Salt Lake around 6:00ish and ate breakfast at Starbucks. We hung out there for a while and headed home around 7:00. We got home at 8:00 and I immediately crashed into bed.

Once I got up a few hours later, I didn't do much else that day. I watched most of an episode of Harper's Island, I have Aaron and Autumn so hooked on that show! Hannah came to my apartment to make cookies since we were combining out FHE groups but I wasn't there, I was out giving blood. It was my first time giving blood an I'll admit that I was absolutely terrified. They had to take my pulse twice because the first time I was so nervous my heart was beating to fast. It really wasn't that bad though. I worst part was when they took a sample of my blood. Getting stabbed in the finger actual kind of hurt a lot.

After I was done giving blood I went to FHE. It was fun, we played a game, I don't remember what it was called but it was like a combination of candy land, scatagories, and curses. One amusing thing that did happen though was that there was a chorus of premature amens during the closing prayer. The guy that was giving the prayer was really quiet so it was hard to hear what he was saying. I guess someone thought that he had said amen so she did and once she did everyone else followed. Everyone looked up and the guy giving the prayer just gave us this really funny look and kept on praying. I though it was pretty funny. It would be an interesting way to let someone know they there prayer is going on for to long.

When I got back from FHE, Autumn was back so she, Hannah, and I walked up to campus to see if the bowling ally in the Wilk was still open. It wasn't and so we found some burger place and had dinner. Then we went back to campus to look at the different sculptures in the dark. I guess there is something that you're supposed to do so that the Brigham Young sculpture looks like he's doing the "Funky Chicken" but we didn't know exactly what that was supposed to mean and we didn't know what to do either so we went home.Well, actually we went to Aaron, Seth, and James's apartment to get our "album cover" or the picture I had drawn of our band, and then we went home.      

Tuesday was normal enough. I went to class and then went to the campus devotional. Usually the devotionals every Tuesday are really good and I really like going to them but the one today was about how to properly raise your troubled teenager. Needless to say it didn't exactly apply to me. After my humanities class I checked the mail and discover that I had gotten an amazingtastic package from Chelsea! Autumn and I went to the store later that night. She got food and I got crazy awesome things to send my associates. I don't think that I'll have it ready for July but I should be able to kick off August with a sweet package for you guys. After the store we went home and I read my World Civ book for a while before going to bed.

I don't think I'm doing anything fantastical today. Probably getting the last thing so I can send off that package of awesome and reading my World Civ. book. So, yeah, that's how my week has been.


  1. It must have been weird leaving Utah. Was it strange seeing what grass looked like again?

  2. we didn't see any grass there either =)